This index page is for my articles on Catholicism.
We can define the Catholic Church from a few of their many distinctive doctrines.
- They (and they alone) are the true church descended from the early church of the New Testament.
- The current Pope is the Vicar of Christ or the singular, authoritative representative of God on earth.
- Only those under this church’s domain are saved and going to heaven.
- Belief in a works salvation, whereby a good Catholic works to earn their place in heaven.
- Petition of God for mercy through the saints and principally through the Virgin Mary.
- Mass which is a continuation of the Old Testament priestly system of sacrifices, in which the priest sacrifices Jesus Christ afresh with each Mass.
Articles on Roman Catholicism
- Mary’s Immaculate Conception
- The Perpetual Virginity of Mary
- The Assumption of Mary into Heaven
- “Mary, Mother of God”
Tracts on Roman Catholicism
- cat01 Is the Pope the Vicar of Christ?
- cat02 Should we worship the Virgin Mary? No.
- cat03 Spiritualism and Catholicism.
- cat05 Why we don’t use images in worship.
These are taken from Coxtracts.com, please visit website to read these tracts or download and print them (pds formats available). For Spanish tracts on Catholicism, see folletosytratados.com/catolicismo.
Background and Formation
Mary Worship and Errors
The Catholic Church promotes Mary and worships her. This is an exaltation of a person over Jesus Christ, and in fact, they teach that nobody can approach God, not even through Jesus Christ, and it is only through Mary and her mediatorship that one can approach God. This means that Mary worship is at the center of this false religion.