Damaged Disciples: Casualties of Authoritarian Churches and the Shepherding Movement, Ron and Vicki Burks, 1992. Ron was taught to subject himself totally to his disciplers in the shepherding movement. Vicki was taught to submit to her husband. This is their story of struggling to break free and rebuild their lives. For Vicki, it is the story of rescuing her “self” from non-being. Ron later earned his PhD. in counseling and was on staff at Wellspring. Here is his dissertation, Cognitive Impairment In Thought Reform Environments.
Subscribe2Subscribe to receive an email every time something posts.
Site Content Menu
Donate a Cup of Coffee
Donate a Cup of Coffee to Me
It takes a lot of work, energy, time, and money to create, maintain, protect, and make new works constantly. While you may benefit from all my work only spending 5 minutes a week, it takes me hours and hours, and hackers attacking, many more. Just $5 dollars goes a long way to cover my financial burden of managing this site.
Click to donate any amount.
- Cults: What is their source of Authority? Thu 1/28/21
- Subtle Power of Spiritual Abuse Johnson-VanVonderen Thu 2/4/21
Good things from my WebsitesBecoming a Growing Church Read this article by Pastor Cox on how to become a Growing Church
In this article Pastor Cox explains the elements of a growing church, and how to achieve that in your church.
1. Getting our Foundation Right - (So what is the biblical purpose of a church?)
2. Internal Functioning of a Biblical Church
3. Characteristics of a Biblical Successful Church
--Do the people love Christ, and Christ's redeemed?
--Do people witness the clear Gospel Message?
--Does the church support missionaries with a clear Gospel message?
4. What level of Church is your church?
--- what is the number one reason churches fail
5. How do I make my church grow?
6. Will that always make the church grow? No.
Please donate on sidebar to help support this website.