Site Content Menu
- Preacher’s Motives 1Thess 2:1-12 Thu 10/13/22
- How to tell if you are in cult #6 Thu 10/20/22
- Is Infant Baptism the teaching of the Bible? Thu 10/27/22
- John Pipers Errors Thu 11/3/22
- Narcissism Pleasure Lovers, not Lovers of God Thu 11/10/22
- Errors of Calvinism Thu 11/17/22
- FP: The Burden to Confront Sin Thu 11/24/22
Donate a Cup of Coffee
Donate a Cup of Coffee to Me
It takes a lot of work, energy, time, and money to create, maintain, protect, and make new works constantly. While you may benefit from all my work only spending 5 minutes a week, it takes me hours and hours, and hackers attacking, many more. Just $5 dollars goes a long way to cover my financial burden of managing this site.
Click to donate any amount.
Subscribe2Subscribe to receive an email every time something posts.
Good things from my WebsitesChurchPlanting: Warning Signs Bad Pastor revised Read this article by Pastor Cox on how to identify a bad pastor. This article is a help article for those on church candidate committees (to choose a new pastor for their church), but it is also very helpful for those looking for a new church.
1. Make sure he is really saved.
The problem in countless pastor-church conflict cases are either the leaders in the church or the pastor (or both) are unsaved. There is no substitute for a pastor who is committed and dedicated to following the morality of Christ as seen in Christ's person and explained in the many verses of Scripture. He lives out his salvation if he is saved (what you want). If he is not really saved, you will suffer under his carnality and sinful soul.2. Make sure he is the Example of Christ.
---Living the example of a "Man of God"
---How do you discern that "morality of Christ" in a minister?
---What particularly are you looking for?
(1) Sarcasism. (2) Lying or bending the truth. (3) Courtesy and formality with each other. (4) Service to others instead of everybody serving him and his purposes. (5) True love. (6) Balanced. Logical and thinking. Sound mind. Consensus. Non-Competitive.
3. The Financial Testimony of a Good Pastor.
---Liberty from Covetousness.
---Vision of celestial outweighs earthly kingdom.
---Mobile shepherd wanderer.
4. Failing to fulfill the Spiritual Requirements for Pastor
5. A Real Dedication and Submission to the Word of God
6. Make sure he can preach
---What good is preaching then?
7. Make sure he has, lives, and knows good doctrine.
8. Make sure he can pray.
---What is a man of prayer?
Read the article here.
Please donate on the sidebar to help support this website.
Pray and Donate to Us